What is the MCS Admissions process?
Submission of a completed online application, which includes the following:
- Parent questionnaire (grades 1-12)
- Student questionnaire (grades 7-12)
- Referral forms – emailed to classroom teacher, Principal/Guidance Counselor
- Birth certificate
- Most recent grade card (grades 1-8)
- Most recent transcript (grades 9-12)
- Copy of guardianship/custody papers (if applicable)
- Current immunization record
- Family photo
- Prospective student applications are reviewed to determine testing.
- Based on classroom space availability, testing is scheduled. Students entering grades PreK through Kindergarten will test with the Elementary Principal. Students entering grades 1 through 12 will test with the Admissions Director. An application is NOT a guarantee to test or admission.
- Family interviews are scheduled soon after testing.
- Approval of admission to MCS is based on:
- Receipt of all required forms and documentation
- Testing results
- Family interview
- Seat availability
Is bus service provided?
Is there an after school program?
- MCS currently busses students to and from school, from Columbus, Groveport, and Pickerington.
- Bus service from these areas is determined from the student’s residential address. If bus service is not provided to a student’s residential address a stipend may be given at the end of the school year, by the residential school district, in lieu of transportation.
- At this time, bus service is NOT provided for any away athletic events.
Yes, MCS provides an Extended Care program for Preschool through 12th grade.
Does MCS offer an early childhood program?
Yes, MCS offers a half-day Preschool program for students age 3 as of August 1 and a half-day Pre-Kindergarten program for students age 4 as of August 1.
What age does my child need to be to enroll into Kindergarten?
Students must be 5 years old by August 1 to be eligible for Kindergarten at MCS.
Does MCS offer sibling priority in the Admissions process?
Yes, MCS accepts sibling applications during the re-enrollment period.
Does MCS offer personalized tours and/or Open Houses?
Yes, MCS provides personalized tours and Open Houses are held beginning in January of each school year.
Does MCS offer financial aid?
Yes, MCS provides grant and aid to students that have been “accepted”. Once a family has been notified of their student’s acceptance. The family can complete an application to receive grant and aid. This award is determined by a family’s annual income.
What is the application fee and is it refundable?
The application fee is $75 and is paid online at the time of submission. This fee is non-refundable.
Does everyone that applies to MCS get accepted?
No, unfortunately, everyone that applies to MCS is not accepted. The mission of MCS is to partner with parents and churches to lead students toward God, scripturally educating the whole person spiritually, academically, emotionally, socially and physically to become strong Christian leaders. Therefore, we seek families who are willing to partner with us to fulfill this mission.
Are campus visits required for a prospective student?
Campus visits are not required. However, we strongly encourage students to visit our campus and experience being an Eagle for a Day! Visitors are given a first-hand opportunity to see our classrooms, teachers, students, and what campus life is all about, here at MCS!