WELCOME TO MCS!
Madison Christian School (MCS), located near Columbus, Ohio, welcomes students from all cultures around the world. Established in 1978, MCS has a respected history as an excellent Christian school characterized by a strong biblical foundation, a rich fine arts program, a strong athletic program, and a variety of academic and leadership opportunities.
One of the unique features of Madison Christian School is our International Homestay Program. International exchange students are given the opportunity to live with English-speaking Christian families while attending MCS. We believe this offers a much better learning environment for our students while providing intentional emotional and social support. Students become more familiar with both the language and culture through their interaction with a homestay family.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM
- International students live with Christian homestay families
- Special Ohio cultural orientation program upon arrival
- Daily interaction with American students and teachers in real mainstream classes
- Ongoing English as a second language (ESL) instruction for all international students
- Excellent medical insurance coverage provided through the school
- MCS is an accredited school with a fluid transition in American colleges and universities
- 12 minutes away from downtown Columbus
- 24 minutes away from John Glenn International Airport (CMH)
ABOUT COLUMBUS, OHIO
- Columbus is the capital city of Ohio and was founded in 1812 and was named after the famous explorer, Christopher Columbus.
- The Columbus metro area has a population of over 2.02 million people
- Ohio is home to 24 Fortune 500 companies; 5 are based in Columbus
- There are over 220 colleges and universities in Ohio
- The Ohio State University is 30 minutes away and was recently ranked #16 in the United States for top Public Schools (U.S. News and World Report)
- Located in the heart of the Midwest, Columbus is home to the highly sought "mainstream" American English accent
- Columbus is seen as the perfect demographic snapshot of middle America and therefore is a test market for new products, innovations, restaurants and services
- Over 25 million people visit Columbus each year because of the premier shopping opportunities, award-winning zoo and diverse ethnic villages