HEALTH RELATED GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
In order to keep our healthy children healthy, we need to have your cooperation in assessing your child’s health status before bringing them to school each day. Please keep your child at home if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- A fever of 100.0 or above. Before returning to school your child must be fever free for 24 hours, without the use of medication
- Severe coughing
- Drainage from the nose, which cannot be reasonably managed
- Difficulty Breathing
- A stiff neck
- Diarrhea (more than two abnormally loose stools within a 24 hour period)
- Has vomited during the past 24 hours. Must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- An untreated infected skin patch or draining wounds
- Evidence of lice or scabies
- A sore throat associated with a fever
- A skin rash associated with a fever
If a teacher thinks a child is ill, the child will be seen at the First Aid Station to determine if the child should remain at school.