Eagle Update - October 2021
Madison Christian School October 2021 Newsletter
A Message from the Head of School:
How can we navigate life's challenges to make sure we are walking in the right direction? 2 Timothy 3:16-17 states: "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Daily, actively engaging with God's word will help provide much needed direction. Starting in October, our administrative team, staff, and teachers have been challenged to read through the New Testament. By reading as little as 15 minutes per day, you can read from Matthew through Revelation by year's end. (See resources.)
As our vision states, may we at MCS "continue to be a vibrant education ministry that creatively models excellence, wisely stewards God's resources and opportunities, and visibly reflects the relational leadership of Jesus Christ in order to intentionally transform present and future generations."
In His service by grace,
Michael P. Egenreider, MS
A Message from the Principal:
High school trips continue to be a priority for us. Although there are current difficulties regarding safety, travel, and mandates, we are moving ahead with some future planning! We're working on a spring break trip for our Class of 2022 to Charlotte, NC that includes both missions and sightseeing.
For the 2022-23 school year, we're beginning some planning for a 9th and 10th grade trip to Washington D.C. (with potential alternatives), an overnight trip for 11th grade, and an extended trip for 12th grade. More information will be coming out soon.
Kim Miller, MS
Making Music in Science: Our 1st grade classes recently invited Mrs. Hodges into their class to talk to them about how musical instruments use vibration to make specific sounds. Mrs. Hodges was able to share some of her favorite string instruments with the students and perform a mini-concert.
W -- Wow! (Praise God)
I -- I'm sorry (Confess our sins)
T -- Thank you (Thanking God for what he has done)
H -- Help me (Praying for others and asking God for help)
- 9th grade visited the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum
- 10th and 11th grade visited the Ark Encounter and spent the night in the Creation Museum
- 12th grade visited the Ark Encounter, explored Newport Aquarium, and went on a Riverboat Tour on the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati.
- MS Soccer (8-0)
- Varsity Soccer (6-0-2)
- MS Volleyball (8-1)
- JV Volleyball (1-6)
- Varsity Volleyball (5-6)
- MS XC: Teams have participated in 4 meets with several individuals medalling. At the Marion & Ruth Gray Invitational, both boys and girls teams earned 1st Place!
- Varsity XC: Teams have participated in 4 meets with several individuals medaling. Caleb Leach has broken the HS Boys record (twice)!