Eagle Update - September 2021
Madison Christian School September 2021 Newsletter
A Message from the Head of School:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of the dream." - Eleanor Roosevelt
We thank you for a wonderful start to the new school year! On August 15th, I, along with 5 other teachers/members of Madison Christian School presented on the mission, vision, purpose, values, and Eagle 14. We concluded with a prayer by Paul Barnes, Senior Minister and MCS Board Member, for each child, family, teacher, staff member, board member, and all who participate in fulfilling our school ministry.
I'd also like to give you an enrollment update. This year we have 136 new students (25 were previously enrolled before the pandemic), which puts MCS at over 50 more students currently enrolled than last year.
In His service by grace,
Michael P. Egenreider, MS
A Message from the Principal:
Welcome to the 2021-22 school year! We are excited to partner with our MCS families this year and pray that we'll have many opportunities to interact! We know that there will continue to be challenges throughout the year, but know God will continue to guide and provide for our MCS Community. I'd like to share some information with you:
Student LifeLower School
Our Elementary Eagles have had a great start to the school year! They've really enjoyed being back together playing on the playground and eating lunch together in the lunchrooms. We are very excited about the new faces we have welcomed to our school community!
If you ask any student what his or her favorite part of school is, they may respond with.. RECESS! Most of our Eagles both young and old love to play a game called Gaga Ball (left picture above). Players get inside an octagon-shaped pit and hit the ball with their hands toward the other players' feet. When a player's feet are hit, he or she is out, and the last player in wins. Our Gaga Ball was installed several years ago when we had our playground makeover.
The school year is off to a great start in our Upper School as well! On Thursday, Aug. 26th, we held an Academic Awards Assembly (right picture above) to honor students for their academic achievements in the 2020-21 school year. Read the article.
Student Council elections are also taking place. The Administration and Faculty are looking forward to partnering with the Student Council to plan events for the school year.
Guidance Office (Upper School)
- Senior Meetings: These individual meetings will begin this week to discuss graduation requirements, test scores, and college planning with Mrs. Ladd and Mr. Slonaker.
- Senior Breakfast: Save the date to celebrate this senior milestone on Oct. 13th. A senior student/parent meeting will take place immediately after breakfast, which will include a presentation from Josten's. More info to come.
- Testing for Grades 9-11: Students will participate in the following standardized tests on Oct. 13th -- Grade 9: Pre-ACT 9, Grade 10: Pre-ACT, Grade 11: PSAT. Students will receive information applicable to their specific test during homeroom visits from Mrs. Ladd in Sept. Information is also available online, which may include practice questions/tests.
- FAFSA 2022: Now available online. Visit studentaid.gov to learn more.
- ACT/SAT: Students interested in taking these tests should visit ACT.org or SAT.orgfor test dates, registration, and practice opportunities.
- Seniors/Juniors: Stay active in college and scholarship searches. Create spreadsheets to help you organize information regarding deadlines, application requirements, and notes. Please schedule an appointment with Mrs. Ladd if you have questions or need assistance.