Storybook Pumpkin Patch
MCS is getting ready for our very FIRST Storybook Pumpkin Patch in October 2021!
What?Decorate a pumpkin to look like one of your favorite book characters.
Where?Decorate the pumpkin at home with your family! Then bring it to display at MCS.
- Pumpkin can be real or artificial (artificial ones can be found at craft stores)
- Pumpkin should not be larger than a basketball
- Pumpkins may NOT be carved or cut
- Decide on a book character you love for your pumpkin.
- Gather decorating supplies. Acrylic paints and permanent markers are great! You can add materials like yarn, buttons, googly eyes, etc.
- Decorate your pumpkin without carving, cutting, or piercing the skin. (These would make an icky mess in our school.)
- Fill out the storybook pumpkin sheet (available below).
- Bring your pumpkin to the MCS foyer 10/25-10/27.
Students will be able to walk through our pumpkin patch with their class. The pumpkins will also be featured in pictures on our MCS Facebook and Instagram pages so that family members can enjoy them.
All pumpkins will be sent home Monday, November 1st. If your child can not transport the pumpkin themselves please make arrangements to pick them up. Any pumpkins left will be disposed of after school Wednesday, November 3rd.
Participation is voluntary. This is not a contest. Have fun!
You can find inspiration on Pinterest or just google “storybook pumpkins”.